Header Text

Welcome to the Official Site of The Y in Central Maryland Turkey Trot Charity 5K! We are excited to have you join us for this Thanksgiving morning tradition.

Adults, children and families from across the region come together to not only run (or walk, jog, stroll), but to raise funds so that children living in poverty in Central Maryland have access to Y programs that will forever shape their lives.

Thank you for being part of something good on Thanksgiving Morning!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Running: Lacing Techniques

Who knew that lacing your shoes in different patterns was more than the cool thing to do in middle school? 

You bought the best running shoes for your arch, training type and more, thanks to this blog post, but something is just not right. Your toes may feel crammed as you run, your heel may be slipping, or maybe the top of your foot is feeling crunched. Do not give up! We have an answer - lacing!

Here are some great articles and how-tos for the most common running shoe fit issues:

  • Feet First provides lacing techniques with images for: heel slippage  toe problems, high arch, narrow heel with a wide forefoot, and pain on the top of your foot.
  • Runner's World has some great videos on lacing techniques for: "My shoes rub in one spot on the top of my foot", "My big toenail turned back", "My shoe is too tight on the top of my foot", "My toes feel cramped" and "My heel slides up and down".
  • American Orthopadedic Foot & Ankle Society gives lacing recommendations for narrow fit, wide feet, heel problems, and narrow heel with a wide forefront
Good luck and we hope these lacing techniques put a little extra pep in your step!

Image source: ThinkStock

5 comments:

  1. My brother is a seasoned runner and I've watched him a lot of medals for various running events. One thing I've noticed? He invests in top-notch running shoes and gear. From top to bottom, he has it planned and I see how these have contributed to his great performance. He often tells me that in all things, I should only purchase the best comfortable shoes that are suitable for running. That means no tennis shoes or walking shoes when my purpose is to run a mile or two. For more on the best running shoes, see: http://myoutdoorslife.com/gear/shoes-and-boots/best-running-shoes-for-men.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I was finding a right pair of running shoes. I need both fashionable and comfortable pair. I came top realize, running shoes for flat feet are perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mesmerized article written on this blog with other relevant information. It is straight to the point that how we can improve our skills as well as how we can be represented to a new stream of professionalism.v รองเท้าเพื่อสุขภาพราคาถูก

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was finding a right pair of running shoes. I need both fashionable and comfortable pair.
    gclub online
    goldenslot
    สูตรบาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete